As Coronavirus (Covid-19) is spreading faster all around the world, it is very important for all of us to disinfect laptop or computers.
Germs and bacteria are highly observed on many offices or electronic items; mice, phones, monitors and keyboards. And from these items, they are easily transmitted onto humans when developing contact.
Thus, it is essential to disinfect laptops, computers or smartphones; whether in the office or at home. But don’t worry, the cleaning process isn’t tough and doesn’t require professionals. It can be done with the help of a few regularly available supplies within your home.
Steps to Disinfect Laptop or Computer to Make it Germs Free
- It must be turned off firstly. Then unplug the power cord from it to stop the power supply for a while.
- Unplug the keyboard, optical mouse and monitor from every desktop-based computer. And also remove the batteries that are installed in them. In the case of laptops, close them and remove their batteries present below them. Then, open your laptop.
- With the help of compressed air can remove away the dust, dirt, and crumbs from the keyboard. The can must be held six inches away from the keyboard. Then spray along each of the key parameter.
- The keyboard must be sanitized with the help of a soft, linen-free cloth piece or a disinfectant wipe, both dipped in the isopropyl alcohol.
- Rub the top and the sides of every key with the wipe or the cloth.
- Then make the bottom and the surface of your keyboard dirt-free, thoroughly. Utilize another, i.e. a new cloth or a wipe to disinfect the mouse.
- Take plain water to dampen a microfiber based cloth. Wipe off the computer’s monitor gently and remove the fingerprints and dirt.
- Do not place pressure on the screen. Pressurizing the screen could damage a flat-screen monitor’s pixels.
- With the help of a disinfectant wipe, which is purely developed for laptop screens and LCDs, sanitize your monitor.