WordPress’s 100-year plan offers domain registration, hosting, and support for $38,000. Is it worth the investment? Pros and cons inside.
Table of Contents
WordPress, the popular content management system, recently announced a new 100-year plan that includes domain name registration, hosting, and support for $38,000. The plan is designed to keep a website and domain name alive for 100 years, and it is available for purchase on WordPress.com. But is it worth it? Let’s take a closer look.
What’s Included in the 100-Year Plan?
- Century-Long Domain Registration: A domain is your most valuable digital asset. While standard domain registrations last a decade, the 100-year plan gives you an opportunity to secure your domain for a full century.
- Top-Tier Managed WordPress Hosting: The very best managed WordPress experience with unmetered bandwidth, best-in-class speed, and unstoppable security bundled in one convenient package.
- 24/7 Premier Support: The WordPress.com 100-Year Plan includes dedicated, personalized support that’s available 24 hours per day, seven days a week.
- SSL Certificate: An SSL certificate is included with the 100-year plan, which ensures that your website is secure and your visitors’ data is protected.
- Jetpack Security: Jetpack Security is a suite of security tools that helps protect your website from malware, brute force attacks, and other security threats.
- 30-Day Money-Back Guarantee: If you’re not satisfied with the 100-year plan, you can get a full refund within 30 days of purchase.
- Reliable performance.
- Competitive advantage.
- Immersive feedback.
- Great compatibility.
- A wired connection restricts movement range.
Is the 100-Year Plan Worth It?
Whether or not the 100-year plan is worth it depends on the individual or business’s needs and budget. For those who want to ensure that their website and domain name remain active for 100 years, the plan may be a good investment. However, the cost of $38,000 is quite steep and may not be feasible for many. Additionally, there is no guarantee that WordPress will be around in 100 years, so the plan may not be necessary for everyone.If you’re considering the 100-year plan, here are some additional factors to consider:
The 100-year plan is designed for those who want long-term security for their website and domain name. If you’re planning on running a website for a long time and want to ensure that it remains active for 100 years, the plan may be a good investment.
The cost of $38,000 is quite steep and may not be feasible for many individuals or businesses. If you’re on a tight budget, there are other hosting and domain registration options available that may be more affordable.
Premium Themes and Video Uploads
The 100-year plan does not include premium themes or the ability to upload videos. If these features are important to you, you may want to consider other hosting and domain registration options.
While WordPress is a popular and well-established content management system, there is no guarantee that it will be around in 100 years. If you’re concerned about the longevity of WordPress, you may want to consider other hosting and domain registration options.
Overall, the 100-year plan is an interesting offer from WordPress, but it may not be the best fit for everyone. It’s important to carefully consider your needs and budget before making a decision. If you’re unsure whether the 100-year plan is right for you, consider reaching out to WordPress’s customer support team for more information.