OPPO is no stranger to fame, especially with the almost-professional quality of its smartphone cameras, and the latest gadget about to hit the markets in 2022 is the OPPO Air Glass assisted reality smart glass, beating Google to it!
Oppo Inno Day 2021 annual event took place in China featuring the Oppo Air Glass assisted reality smart glass and dedicated imaging MariSilicon X NPU (neural processing unit). The single-glass design is lightweight and features a custom projector with Sapphire Crystal Glass protection on top. There is speculation that the Chinese company might also have a foldable smartphone ready to launch in China.
Oppo has plans to ship it to consumers, like an accessory, rather than turning it into a tool meant for professionals and enterprises only.
Oppo Air Glass Release Date
Pricing is expected to be reasonable as Oppo is aiming to deliver the product to the masses.
At the Inno Day virtual conference on Tuesday, the company said that it would be a limited-edition gadget, and availability is expected in the first quarter of 2022, however, in China only. Without any concrete timeline, it was also said that the intelligent glass SDK should be expected to be released soon.
Oppo Air Glass Price
The price of Air Glass is expected to be around USD 479.
Features and Specifications of Oppo Air Glass
The company has given due regard to every aspect of the device so that every individual can find it helpful. Following are some of the noticeable features of this smart device:
- Oppo Air Glass weighs 30 grams only and that makes it extremely lightweight to wear.
- Users can wear it over their frames but there are only two specific sizes to choose from.
- Oppo Air Glass is capable of displaying informing on the lens, in front of the user’s right eye by using a microLED display. The display can have a staggering peak brightness of up to 1400 nits!
- The powerful Spark Micro Projector shows up all information on the dual Sapphire crystal glass.
- Oppo Air Glass is powered by Qualcomm’s Snapdragon Wear 4100 SoC.
- This smart device is equipped with Wi-Fi, Bluetooth and GPS, while in-built speakers and microphone.
- Oppo Air Glass can be controlled using a the touchpad on its side, hand gestures are also supported as is the peculiar feature of using the motion of the head to control it. Moreover, voice-control is also incorporated.
- This device can turn into a mini teleprompter.
- It is built to translate speech, convert it to text and translate content, all in real-time!
This is an astounding number of features for a device this compact. Imagine viewing notifications with just a nod of your head or even clearing them from the screen with one shake of the head!
Information regarding everyday tasks like looking up events on Calendar or ensuring the Weather is ideal for your next business of the day, or even navigating towards your next destination everything is displayed right in front of your eye!
Moreover, the translation is only available from Chinese to the English language for now. Still, the company has already announced that this feature will be updated to include Korean and Japanese languages as well.
Deals to buy it cheap!
We update the deals from time to time;
Deals will up available here soon.
All in all, this is a revolutionary device, and we just have to wait for 2022 to see how it does in the market. Hopefully, it will live up to its hype!