Ming-Chi Kuo, a renowned Apple supply chain analyst, has announced that the tech giant will be launching a foldable iPad with a carbon fiber kickstand in the year 2024.
Kuo states that the forthcoming foldable iPad will be a more lightweight and robust product due to its kickstand made from carbon fiber, which is apparently superior to the Magic Keyboard often used with iPads. This kickstand will be produced by Chinese manufacturer Anjie Technology.
On Monday, Kuo tweeted, expressing his enthusiasm for the foldable iPad that is anticipated to be released in 2024. He believes that it will cause an increase in shipments and upgrade the product mix.
He anticipates Apple will start to produce large quantities of a revamped iPad mini in the initial three months of 2024, but he does not anticipate any new iPad releases in the upcoming nine to twelve months.
In April, Kuo modified a prior assumption that Apple would introduce a bendable iPhone in 2024, proposing instead that it may be a foldable iPad or a combination of an iPad and an iPhone.
In February of last year, Ross Young, a Display Supply Chain Consultants analyst, revealed that Apple was researching foldable notebooks with a 20-inch screen. Mark Gurman of Bloomberg reported that Apple was exploring the possibility of a dual-screen, foldable MacBook and iPad hybrid, with the second display functioning as a virtual keyboard. However, he estimated that the device would not be available until 2026.
It has been reported by Gurman in January that Apple is pondering the potential of introducing a MacBook Pro with a touchscreen — something Steve Jobs said was not a good idea. Nevertheless, touchscreen ability is now regularly found on Windows laptops. It is projected that Apple may launch its own touchscreen MacBook in the year 2025.
Apple does possess a few patents for foldable gadgets. Just recently, they obtained one more. Nevertheless, they have yet to produce any foldable devices, which places them behind a few of their main competitors. Samsung, whose Galaxy Flip and Fold are the leaders in foldable sales, last year made a few commercials teasing Apple’s lack of a foldable device around the time of the iPhone 14 launch.
The latest prognostication from tech analyst IDC is that foldable smartphone shipments will rise from 8.1 million units in 2021 to 41.5 million by 2026, which is a 66% increment. Furthermore, foldables make up 1.1% of the worldwide smartphone market. IDC had earlier anticipated shipments of foldable phones to amount to 27.6 million by 2025.
This year, it seems that the flip-style foldables have been more preferred than the tablet-like format. Samsung reported that 70% of the purchasers of their foldable phone chose the Flip version, and the remaining 30% opted for the Fold model, noting that a total of 10 million foldable phones had been sold.
Making adjustments to the structure of a text without altering the core message is a great way to avoid plagiarism. Utilizing different wordings, sentence structures, and phrases can help achieve this goal.