As the latest generations are ready to come into our lives, Fortnite is also leveling up their game to introduce Split screen on PS5 and Xbox Series X along with 4K resolution and 60FPS support.
Developers from Epic Games for Fortnite has confirmed that the new version of the game will be free to download as soon as the consoles arrive.
When will Fortnite for PS5 and Xbox Series X/S release?
Fortnite for PS5 and Series X/S will release on November, 10th, 2020.
Fortnite Features for Xbox Series X/S
Here are the features that Epic Games is releasing for Fortnite on Microsoft’s Next-Gen Consoles;
- 4K resolution with 60FPS on Xbox Series X: Fornite will run smoothly giving you 60 FPS on a 4K resolution.
- Dynamic physics and visuals: Gamers will see a huge difference in graphics if they compare the game to the previous versions. Physics of liquid, smoke, and fluid will see great enhancements.
- Fortnite will run at 60 FPS (but with 1080p resolution) on Xbox Series S: There is a little bit of limitation here, where the game is running on 60 FPS with 4K on Series X, on Series S, it will run only on 1080p.
- Join games faster: Gamers will be able to join games 2 times faster than PC and older console generation gamers.
- Split-Screen on Series X and Series S: Both versions of the console will support a split-screen feature with 60 FPS.
Fortnite Features for PS5
Here are the features that Epic Games is releasing for Fortnite on Sony’s Next-Gen Console;
- 4K with 60 FPS on PS5: Fortnite runs on PS5 with 4K resolution supporting 60 FPS.
- Dynamic physics and visuals on PS5: Great amount of changes have been made to the PS5 version of the game to give gamers something new to experience.
- Fortnite’s DualSense Controller Immersion on PS5: The new controller will give gamers a new experience, enhanced vibration, and more gripping controls will make your gameplay solid enough to grab you’re a victory royale.
- Selecting favorite mode from PS5 home screen: You can select any mode of the game, Solos, Duos, or anything right from the PS5 home screen and jump directly into the game.
- Join games faster on PS5: PS5 also allows the faster entrance for the gamers playing Fortnite.
- Split-Screen on PS5: Fortnite for the PS5 version will support a split-screen feature with 60 FPS.
Fortnite giveaway for PS5 and Xbox Series X/S
Fortnite gamers will be able to get the “Throwback Axe Pickaxe” giveaway from 4th November till 15th January 2021 for free.
How to enable Split-Screen on PS5 and Xbox Series X and S
Here is how you can enable Split Screen on PS5 and Xbox Series X or S
Total Time: 10 minutes
Goto Main Menu of the game.
Connect the second controller. (Skip this step if your controller is already connected.)
After successful connection, the first player will have to invite the second player (newly connected controller) to select their account and the second player will be prompted to connect their account.
Once signed-in, the second player will show up in the game lobby and the split-screen will turn on automatically.
Subscribe to our newsletter below and never miss the latest Technology updates.