Select Language:
President Donald Trump announced on Thursday that he plans to instruct federal agencies to begin releasing government documents related to extraterrestrial life and unidentified flying objects, emphasizing the strong public interest in the subject.
In a post on social media, Trump stated he would task Pentagon Director Pete Hegseth along with other agencies to disclose this information, describing the issue as “highly fascinating and significant.”
Earlier in the day, without offering concrete proof, Trump accused former President Barack Obama of improperly leaking classified information about aliens during public discussions, claiming that Obama “made a serious mistake.” Trump told reporters during a trip to Georgia, “He took sensitive information out of classified channels… he’s not supposed to be doing that.”
In an interview uploaded on Saturday, Obama was asked whether aliens exist. He responded, “They’re real, but I haven’t seen them myself, and they’re not being kept in… Area 51. There’s no hidden underground facility unless there’s some massive conspiracy that even the President of the United States is unaware of,” Obama said.
Area 51, a classified U.S. Air Force site in Nevada, has long been the focus of conspiracy theories claiming it stores alien bodies and crashed spacecraft. However, CIA declassified files from 2013 clarified that the site was primarily used for testing secret spy aircraft.
There’s no indication that Obama’s remarks contained the release of classified information; his office did not comment on the matter. Obama also shared on Instagram that he found no evidence during his presidency suggesting extraterrestrials have contacted Earth, though he believes in the existence of alien life due to the universe’s enormous size. He noted that the likelihood of visitors from space being here is slim, considering the distances involved.
Trump later added that he has not seen any evidence confirming extraterrestrial life, commenting, “I don’t know if they are real or not.”
In recent years, the Pentagon has looked into UFO sightings, with high-ranking military officials stating in 2022 that they have found no proof of alien visits or crashes on Earth. A 2024 Pentagon report concluded that investigations dating back to the end of World War II have found no signs of alien technology; most unexplained sightings are misidentified natural phenomena or man-made objects.
The National Archives and Records Administration maintain extensive collections involving UFO-related files.
Long-standing rumors have linked Area 51 with alien encounters. The Department of Defense continues to catalog reports of Unidentified Aerial Phenomena (UAPs). A March 2024 report clarified that investigations found no evidence that recent unidentified incidents involved extraterrestrial technology or foreign adversaries. Despite its secretive nature, the CIA officially acknowledged the existence of Area 51 in 2013 and dismissed claims such as crashed alien spacecraft or staged moon landings.
Public fascination with the site often manifests in elaborate online movements like the “Storm Area 51” event, which drew enthusiasts eager to “see the aliens.” Active online communities persist, with some insisting that the government holds much more classified information than it reveals.
In recent years, reports from military pilots and personnel have documented hundreds of unexplained aerial objects. This has prompted lawmakers to advocate for greater transparency, seeking assessments of potential threats to air safety and national security.




