As a number of Women are using cabs these days to reach their schools, colleges and to their work, but a malevolent driver can ruin their entire journey.
So, we decided to give women a great piece of advice on how they can protect themselves if they suspect anything harmful is going to happen to you.
- Make sure that the child lock isn’t operatable while getting seated in a cab. If it is, just pull the child lock upwards on its closing side to unlock the door. This way, the driver will not able to lock the door himself from his driving seat.
- Do not sit in the middle of the back seat, but sit right behind the driving seat. As while attacking, it will be difficult for him to get towards you and harm you in any way.
- Do not wrap your scarf or any piece of cloth around your neck as it would provide a chance to your attacker to strangle you easily. However, keep it on your shoulders as in case if he follows inappropriate advancements, you can strangle him quickly by wrapping it around his neck area from the back seat. You can even opt for the strap of your handbag for the same purpose in any mishap.
- In case if the driver does not stop the car in spite of your repeated requests opt for any sharp object which is available in your purse, such as, a simple ballpoint pen, and insert it within him by applying your full force to make him pull over his car. You should maintain such objects with you and they should also be reachable to you at the time when you feel any sort of il intentions from the driver. It includes all of the actions that might injure you. Just stay quiet, reach your tools, and be quick to grope. The time when he is trying to be fresh with the passenger, the victim has the time to make their preparation during the chat.
- Opt immediately for the body spray present in your handbag the moment the driver is turning his face towards you. Spraying in the eyes would temporarily blind the driver.
- After you neutralize the malevolent driver, open the door and run for safety.