Are you unable to unlock iPhone because you forgot your passcode, or you did not set up your Face ID?
Don’t panic. There is no need to worry about your iPhone being locked forever. With some tricks, it is possible to regain access to your iPhone in just a few minutes. This post will show you how to unlock an iPhone without a passcode or face ID in this post.
Method 1. Use iCloud to unlock your iPhone without a passcode or face ID
Is Find My iPhone enabled on your iPhone? If you have one, you can unlock your iPhone without a passcode and FFace ID using your iCloud account. Here are the steps to follow.
1. Using any browser on your computer or any accessible device, sign in to iCloud.com.
- Sign in to iCloud.com using your Apple ID. You should use the same Apple ID to sign in to your iPhone.
- You must enter a verification code if your Apple ID has two-factor authentication enabled before signing in.
- If you cannot unlock your iPhone, click “Didn’t get a verification code” and click “Text Me“. Your iPhone will receive a text message with the verification code.
- You can now check the received verification code on your iPhone screen without unlocking it. Sign in to iCloud by entering the code on your computer screen.
2: Sign in to iCloud.com, click Find iPhone, and enter your Apple ID password again to access iCloud Find My iPhone.
3: Open the iCloud Find My iPhone page and select the iPhone you need to unlock
- Click Erase iPhone when the action prompt appears. Passcodes and Face ID will also be erased along with the iPhone’s content and settings.
4: You can now access your iPhone once the erase has been completed
- Face ID or passcode are not required. You’ll need to re-set up your iPhone, set a new passcode, and enable Face ID since it’s a brand new device.
Move on to the following method if your iPhone doesn’t have Find My enabled, or you can’t sign in to your iCloud Apple ID from any other device.
Method 2. iTunes unlocks iPhones without a passcode or face ID
Putting the iPhone into recovery mode and restoring it with iTunes is the second method Apple offers to unlock an iPhone without knowing the passcode or face ID.
1: A USB cable from Apple can be used to connect the iPhone to your PC.
- It is a good idea to close iTunes automatically if it opens.
2: The volume up button should be pressed and quickly released.
- The volume down button should be pressed and quickly released.
- Once the recovery mode screen appears, press and hold the Power button.
3: iTunes will automatically restore your iPhone to factory settings after you agree to the software license terms on the screen.
4: You will receive the message
- “Success, your iPhone has been unlocked” once the restore is complete or the iPhone is connected for several minutes.
Method 3: Unlock iPhone without a passcode or face ID using another device
There is no way to accomplish the tasks listed above without a computer, as you can see from the list above. Do you know if you can unlock your iPhone without a passcode or Face ID without a computer? Certainly, but only if your locked iPhone shares an iCloud account (Apple ID) with a second iOS device.
1. Your currently locked iPhone can be unlocked by going to another iOS device that shares the same Apple ID
- On that iOS device, open the Find My app.
- Using the Find My app
2. Go to the bottom of the page and select Devices
- You will see all devices linked to your Apple ID here, including the locked iPhone you hope to unlock without a passcode or face ID.
- If the iPhone is locked, tap it.
3. Tap Erase This Device at the bottom of the screen
- Your iPhone will be unlocked, and all content and settings will be erased, including the passcode and face ID.
If your issue is resolved, congratulations! If it didn’t, leave us the issue in the comments section, we will try to solve it together.